A heritage professional, Deborah Evans draws on 25 years of direct practical, professional and academic achievement to enable historic homeowners, heritage managers, landscape designers and architects to explore the full potential of the historic environment to help create beautiful and sustainable places.
Deborah offers informed and timely advice on discrete individual features to entire historic gardens, public parks, cemeteries, rural estates, conservation areas and wider land units. Projects are approached holistically, clearly identifying specific historic, cultural and natural significance both independently and within local, regional and national contexts.
- Expert Witness
- Statements of Significance
- Heritage Impact Appraisals
- Conservation Plans and Statements
- Setting Studies
- Landscape Appraisals/Landscape Visual Appraisals
- Contribution to Environmental Statements
- Consultation and negotiation with Historic England and local planning authorities
- Management and Maintenance of Landscape
- Parkland Management Plans
- Landscape Management and Maintenance Plans/ Landscape and Ecology Management Plans
- Landscape Design Services
- Professional development – Provision of day-tuition and course content
clients and projects include:
- Historic England: Bramshill House, Hampshire, Public Inquiry
- National Trust: Site Condition Assessment, Wentworth Castle Gardens, Yorkshire; Landscape and Garden History, Ilam Park, Staffordshire
- Natural England: Parkland Management Plans, Belmont House, North Somerset; Brampton Bryan Park, Herefordshire
- East Northamptonshire Council: Conservation Area Appraisal, Ashton, Rutland
- Hay Castle Trust: Landscape and Ecology Management Plan, Hay-on-Wye, Powys
“The Brampton Bryan Parkland Management Plan (May 2019) is very thorough, providing an invaluable level of detail. It is incredibly useful for Natural England to have all the information we need in one place and the plan will continue to be an essential ‘go to’ document for years to come”Julie Button, Lead Adviser, Natural England, Herefordshire, West Midlands Team.